Monday, March 26, 2012

I Have a Dirty Little Secret..

Starbucks Coffee Company


I haven't slept good in weeks. I can be exhausted yet as soon as my head hits the pillow I toss and turn for what seems like eternity. I hate mornings anymore might I add. It wasn't always this way in fact I used to love waking up early to cheerfully "greet the day". Now I can't muster up enough energy to get out of bed and do a yoga routine, let alone do much of anything besides get ready, get the kids ready, and make breakfast on the fly (something I can now manage to do within 30 min, think drill sergent). There are two distinct possibilities as to why this may be occurring. Either I have too much on my mind (isn't that always the case) and aside from there being something in the water, it could possibly have to do with something so simple as I changed my drink. It is all my faithful barista Jen's fault, yes I am afraid I am going to have to blame her for this one and avoid accountability. You see it went down something like this when I went in for my regular old Trenta iced coffee with soy and three Splendas...

Jen: You wanna try something really good??
Me: Sure (this could potentialy be the highlight of my day)
Jen: I am going to add a few syrups I think you'll really like..
Me: Ummm Okay..( U mean like sugar syrups..shut up just go with it be polite..)
Jen: Here try this it's iced coffee with Soy Vanilla syrup & Carmel drizzle..
Me: No Splendas..??
Jen: Nope
Me: Oh this is goooood I mean really good ( I want to drizzle caramel all over everything I consume from now on)
Jen: I knew you'd like it..

And so it goes..I have been sucking down two of these per day because they go down so smoooth and getting gooey Carmel up the straw is like a little present all throughout the day.. Oh the shame!! My loving husband brought me home my old soy Splenda standby this weekend as it was too complicated to remember my new concoction and I shunned it, it sat there getting all melty as I sadly tried to nurse it..It just wasn't the same ..how did I ever drink this I thought...Yes I am in trouble and I may not be sleeping well anytime soon and sometimes I can't feel the left side of my face but on a good note I graduated to Gold status on my card and am earning free drinks..I am starting to wonder if they put something in their coffee, you know like how everyone thought cigarettes were safe and then well found out they were addictive and kill people?
Either way...mornings are overrated anyways..

No comments:

Post a Comment