Saturday, March 24, 2012

Tickleback

I may be 38 years old but I just want someone to play tickle back with damn it, is that too much to ask for? I am cleansing these next two weeks which means I am eating next to nothing..somewhere between 300 to 500 calories per day. I put myself through this self induced hell usually twice per year. Last year I did an intensive detoxification under the assistance of a naturopathic physician which involved several shots, a strictly vegan diet and 8 weeks of flax smoothies and fruit, lots and lots of fruit. However gruelling it may have seemed I emerged from it my eyes brighter my skin more supple and my hair and nails looking better than they ever have..At the time I needed the intense detoxification however, after I quit drinking it was was imperative I remove the aftereffects and rinse the liver so to say. I have done other cleanses in the past, in particular the traditional Master Cleanse which I highly recommend. This time around I am switching things up a bit and doing an Acai berry cleanse. 4 days in and I feel wonderful..Cleansing is one of the oldest forms of treatment and healing for the body, particularly in Eastern religions as is fasting. It marks a season of renewal inside and out and is done for spiritual reasons in many places throughout the world to this day. It has become popular here in our Western society as a method for weight loss. I like to think that by doing so it compliments my health and well being.
Toxins aren't the only thing I am getting rid of this weekend, the garage is almost..almost cleared out. I sold more rouge furniture today, letting go of those chairs I have been hanging on to in hopes of one day reupholstering them (who was I kidding). Replacing bedroom furniture in one room meant it was out with the old. Replacing the kitchen set with something more sleek and fitting..Feeling liberated I headed off to a thrift sale today only to return with an armful of more books, as if 5 bookcases and growing isn't enough the only solution to this problem is that I need a library, then I won't feel compelled to get rid of any when space gets tighter. Novel idea...
I am going to spend the rest of the weekend reading said books, making meatballs, teaching my little man, taking a long walk and of course sleeping in tomorrow..ahhhh Sundays..I think brunch is already calling my name.

You can also find me.....

No comments:

Post a Comment